Monday, September 24, 2018

Book Review: The Invention of Wings


The Invention of Wings by the brilliant Sue Monk Kidd earned 
5 Entertainment Stars!
And
3.5 Clean Stars!

I loved this book! It was such a beautiful read. 
Handful, an African slave girl and Sarah, a white Southern girl are unlikely friends and that friendship changes their lives. Kidd starts when the girls are only eleven and journeys throughout their entire lives. Nothing is simple, nothing is fair, no one gives them a chance, but they stand up for what's right anyway.
The Invention of Wings is honest and unforgiving and beautiful in every way.

It lost 1.5 clean stars for the following: swearing, nudity, and one no-scene sex.


1 comment:

  1. I read this once! I remember liking it, but I don't remember anything else. I must be 40.

    ReplyDelete