Monday, September 3, 2018

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood 
by Rebecca Wells
recieves
Clean Stars. 
And 

Entertainment Stars!

This book was a fun read. I read it for my Book Club Reading Challenge group. This book covered the category: On Rory Gilmore's list. I remembered when the movie came out, but I've never seen it. I was excited to read it, but it was a slow start for me. It felt like a lot of back story and slow. However, the story IS the backstory! Siddalee Walker is finding herself and figuring out life and she gets there through learning about her mother's life, things she didn't know, things she didn't understand. 
And Vivi has had one heck of a life. I loved the love and connection with her friends and often reminisced of my own dear friendships as Vivi and the Ya-Ya's went on their many adventures. Overall it was a pretty entertaining read!
The Ya-Ya's lost 3 stars for: swearing, saying the Lord's name, saying the Savior's name, nudity (non-sexual), and no-scene sex.

To better understand how I rate books go here:


No comments:

Post a Comment