Friday, January 18, 2019

Review: Dance of Silver and Shadow by Melanie Cellier

I love when an author can retell a classic fairytale and put their own fun spin on it. Melanie Cellier does just that. She has a dozen or so books that retell classics. This is the first that I've read of hers and it didn't disappoint. 
Sometimes I am a 10-year-old girl stuck in a 41-year-old ladies body--as I really do love me princess love stories.
This is about the twelve dancing princesses but focuses on a set of twin sisters who share a bond and are able to project words into each other's minds. It ends mostly happily and sets us up nicely for the next book. :) I enjoyed it a lot!

A Dance of Silver and Shadow receives 5 clean stars as it had nothing in it your 10-year-old couldn't read. :)

And for me, it gets 4 Entertainment stars! 
I really did enjoy this story. I've already started the next book. But it didn't give those- I can't possibly wait for another second to pick up the next book--like Cinder did--feelings. It was a fun read though, and I'm excited to see where Cellier goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment