Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Things I shouldn't tell my readers but I'm going to anyway... #1

I have a favorite.

Knowing Amelia:
is my favorite book--that I've written.
 
Sometimes when I have a new reader interested in my books I almost don't want to mention LIKE HOME.
Don't get me wrong. I love LIKE HOME. I love the story and the characters.
Love.
But... it was my first book and there are a lot of things I wished I'd done a little differently. There are a lot of grammatical errors in that book. Some of which I never even made. Some are there due to someone (a proofer) attempting to fix one mistake and then making another.
For those reasons I am at times hesitant to recommend it. I always want to say-- I get better! And so do the proofers. Haha!
But really, I should just be quiet. I have one reader who told me that is her very favorite of my books...
I think I said, "Really?"
Just because I love KA so much doesn't mean everyone else will.
And many can look past the technical issues LIKE HOME.
 
Even without LIKE HOME's mistakes though KA is a story that is woven into my heart. I love it. I love Olivia. I love Logan. I love Amelia. I love Seth. I love Rendezvous.
 
There you have it.
The secret's out.

No comments:

Post a Comment