Monday, February 6, 2017

LoVe

I love a good love story.
But then, I write chick-lit.
When you talk to a chick-lit writer... the subject of love is probably going to come up. If you don't like reading a good love story, don't read chick-lit. If you don't want the subject of love to ever come up in your life, go to counseling.... really, go, you'll be happier when there is a little more love in your life.

February is a fun month.
Some people hate it. They hate Valentines Day, they hate gooey lovey dovey-ness.

Stop the hate people.

Even if you aren't "in-love", I sure as heck hope there is love in your life! I hope you have family and friends that you LOVE and can show love to. Again... broken record here, but you will be happier.

February doesn't need to be about expensive gifts or boxes of chocolate... although, let's face it, chocolate makes life sweet... and happy... and delicious. Grab some on Feb 15--when it's 75% off. :)

Anyway...
The month of love, like the month of Thanksgiving, or the month of Christ's birth can be fun, special, more.

So, love your spouse... love your children... love your parents... love your siblings... love your grandparents... love your aunts and uncles and cousins... love your friends, just love.
 
Be unselfish. Be kind. Be patient. Love.
 
For a church activity I helped come up with a month of things to do to show love to others. And though a few are for specifically your spouse, several are things you could do for anyone you love. I thought I would share this and see if others would take the challenge to LOVE this month with me!
 
I pulled these ideas from a few different websites on Pinterest. Then I made up this calendar on Photoshop. Feel free to copy, paste, share, whatever.
Again, aside from maybe Days... 5, 11, for sure 19, DEFINITELY 24 you should be able to do these acts of love with almost anyone. :)
Happy Valentines, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment