Friday, May 29, 2015

Opening the Trench Coat

On May 23rd, (my 17th wedding anniversary) I had my first book launch. I was excited. I was stressed. I was pretty sure I'd ordered too many books. 
I could just see my family, my sister and my two girlfriends helping me, just sitting there with a pile of books in front of us and nothing to do.
Holy, I was so wrong. 
People are so kind.
And amazing.
And supportive.
And I was overwhelmed with joy!
I'm not sure how many of my friends and family would like their pictures plastered on the internet, so I'll only post 2. This one, because I'm pretty sure it shows how happy I was.
And this one:

My sweet sister and niece came to help and they were sooo much help! I was so grateful. Beck brought these T-shirts over and then they both worked for me!! 

This day was strange and exciting (getting to my title choice here...). I know it sounds dramatic, but then if you've read my book... you can tell I can do drama. Haha. Anyway, so, I know it sounds dramatic, but I honestly felt like this day was similar to wearing nothing but a trench coat and then flashing the world.
I was so thrilled my life long dream was coming true... but that also meant the world now would know what a hopeless, cheese-ball romantic I am. 
And I think I'm okay with that...
I am. 
Right?
No, I am.
It really is great. :)

The support has been amazing. The response has been amazing. People either really love it, or they are really great at fibbing. :)
Either way, I'm glad the coat is opened. I'm so glad it's out there.
Life goes on--it really hasn't changed much,
but now I can actually say I am an author.
And that just makes my heart happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment