Monday, December 29, 2014

The Relatives Came

And came and came.
And I loved every minute...
And it reminded me some what off my favorite children's book:
(Thanks for introducing me to it, Beck!)
I love this book. 
Amazing illustrations by Stephen Gammell and beautiful words by Cynthia Rylant.
If you've ever had a houseful of relatives... or if you're anything like my family (hugging aunts or cousins or siblings just to get from one room to the next), I'm guessing you'll love this book too.
You can find it here for only 7.99:

Growing up and being the youngest--by quite a few years, all of my siblings were out of the house by the time I was 12. I have so many memories waiting by the window, watching for my sisters and brother to come home from far away places.
This year our family Christmas party was at my house. 
And I felt like a little girl again, waiting for the relatives to come. 
My sister who I hadn't seen in 2 years.
My niece, her daughter who I hadn't seen in 3 years.
My nephew, her son who I hadn't seen in 1.5 years.
And all the others! The all came. They all stayed.
Every bed, every couch, some of the floor... it was all taken up by a sleeping, beautiful, lovingly missed relative. 
And for me, it was heaven.



The relatives came and we laughed and hugged and ate food galore. Without a doubt, it made my mother smile.
Yes. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment