Saturday, July 12, 2014

Little Women

I want to be Marmee.
She's amazing.
She always always knows what to do.

Little Women.
If you haven't read it, you need to.
If you haven't watched the movie, you have to.

I grew up loving Little Women. My sisters and I always deciding which sister we were. 
Kris of course Meg.
I always wanted to be Jo, but really Becky is more Jo than me. 
I got stuck being Amy.
I'm not Beth, but really I wasn't much Amy either.--At least I didn't want to be like Amy.
So, I'd secretly be Jo in my heart. :)

Awww, go turn it on.
I cry my eyes out every time Amy burns Jo's manuscript.
And of course when Beth get's sick.

They sing one of my favorite hymns: For the Beauty of the Earth

When Amy says: "What if I never get kissed, I've waited my whole life to be kissed."
My younger self totally relates.

Any many of you will hate it when Jo turns Laurie down, but she was right--he was like a brother.

Really, go watch it, it's faster than the book and works well when you need your Little Women fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment