Friday, June 12, 2015

Running by the most nonathletic, uncoordinated girl around

I don't run {normally}.
I don't like running {normally}.
I like chocolate...
And movies...
And playing board games with my kids...
But I also have a desire to be healthy--while I eat chocolate.
My girlfriend told me about this app-->
And I decided to give it a try.
You run/walk 3 days a week. They have it all worked out for you and by week 8 your endurance should be built up to run a 5K.
Today was day 3.
I like it.
I sort of like it.
So, here's my advice for nonathletic/uncoordinated/why am I doing this to myself runners--like me. :)

1. Don't worry about the passing cars or people. They aren't staring at you. And if they are they will end up running you over and then you've got bigger troubles.
2. Stop looking at your shoes. (I tried this today!) There's scenery out there and it's way more interesting than your shoes.
3. Don't kill yourself. I love the app--the lady tells me when to start walking and when to start running. She's the boss and I listen to her. But she isn't allowed to kill me. The first day I only completed 2/3's of "Workout 1", the next day I did better. Just do better  or at least as good as you did the workout before. 

And now... some lovely pictures proving that I'm doing it!! :)


I really dislike my socks--sock suggestions anyone?
Also, these are my friends shoes... my shoes are fifteen years old and from Walmart--do I need better shoes?
Come on people who aren't the nonathletic, uncoordinated, why am I doing this to myself kind of runners--give me a clue! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment